Monday, August 27, 2012

(Re)starting My Business!


     

So here's the first post on the new blog...this has been a long time coming!  I have to say a huge thank-you to all of my customers and distributors -- you guys are wonderful!  If you don't already know this: I have 2 boys (Christopher age 3.5 and Ryan age 1.5) and my husband is active duty military.  When I first signed up last spring to be a distributor my sweet little Ryan was still going through extreme colic -- as in he was attached to me in a baby carrier between 16 and 22 hours / day -- and my husband had left for 3 months to go to Phase 1 of "bombsquad" training at Fort Lee, VA.  It was extremely bad timing but I made the best of it by doing some online marketing and using the products on myself  : )  See my before / afters here .



There was a chance my husband wouldn't complete Phase 1 of training because EOD school (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) is extremely challenging academically and mentally, and even if he did pass he would be going to Phase 2 of training at Eglin AFB, FL which is even more difficult.  Only 1 in 3 individuals makes it through the training.  But he passed Phase 1 so we scrambled to find a house in Florida.  His days started at 4:30 and often went until 6:30 or 7 at night.  When he "failed" tests he had one shot to re-take them. (Failing in the EOD world is pretty much anything below 95%.  Their motto is: "Initial Success or Total Failure" and if you think about it ...it's eerily true.  You don't get a second chance to defuse a bomb and there is no room for mistakes)  When he failed a second time on the tests he had to appear in front of the board (instructors) and state why he should be allowed to stay and given another chance.  I think he went to the board 3 times. 

March was the peaking point for stress -- my husband was going through the hardest part of his training and my dad also started to have some health problems so I decided to take the boys and drive up to Wisconsin and stay until Rob was closer to graduating. It was nice to see family but I had limited phone and internet access....which is really difficult when you run your business primarily online! Overall I made two trips from Florida to Wisconsin between March and July with just myself and my boys!  (In case you're wondering its a 24 hour drive 1 way....YUCK!)  But I left blitz cards at the gas pumps and in the gas stations when we stopped.

Rob graduated from EOD school on July 13th with 8 other students from his initial class of 25+.  So proud of him!  It was a long year and such a relief to finally come to the end!  On Sunday, July 16th the boys and I drove 14 hours to MO so we could get our dream house.  Everything worked out!  We toured the house, put the deposit down, and then drove back to FL less than 48 hours later.  Talk about travel lag!  The last few days between getting back to FL and the movers arriving were spent arranging the house and packing everything up & of course -- enjoying The Gulf one last time...

I hated to leave Florida in the rearview; but as soon as we got settled in here everything is starting to fall into place.  I realized that you absolutely cannot be successful when part of your life is unbalanced.  I'm excited to RE-start my business and share the wonderful opportunity and life-changing products that I've found with others!

I believe the key to success is determination.  The person that gets knocked down but keeps on getting back up will be successful.  I may have had a slow start and had to overcome some obstacles...but now: WATCH OUT!  
Girl's on fire   ; )





Thanks so much for reading -- 
Much love and success!
-Sara-
insanelysara@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. “I believe the key to success is determination. The person that gets knocked down but keeps on getting back up will be successful.” - That's the spirit, Sara! Keep that fire burning. Business, like any other thing in life, is full of ups and downs. What matters is you know how to stand up and keep your head up high each time you fall. I wish you success! Cameron @ ImmediateCapital.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your determination is quite inspiring. Success doesn’t happen overnight, and the road to it is certainly not a smooth path. However, with the enough patience and determination, you’ll surely get there eventually. Casey Mccoy @ Business Coach San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s right! Dreams won’t work until you do. You could hope for miracles, but if you don’t put in the work, you’re bound to wait for something that won’t ever come along. I’m proud of you for not giving up despite being knocked down by the odds. Failure is a vital part of success, and it serves as life’s learning curve. I wish you all the best in your business venture. Have a great day!

    Mamie Patrick @ Focused Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete